Friday, December 30, 2016

Memory Box Poinsettia Card



I was so far behind getting Christmas cards and ornaments ready for this year,  it felt like a production with deadlines.  I want to enjoy the creative process and avoid the mad rush.  So I decided to make Christmas cards/gifts throughout the next 11 months.  

Yesterday, on the 5th day of Christmas, I made a card with the Memory Box Poinsettia die; one I've had for a while but not used. (Some of you crafters out there know what I'm talking about....). I love the visual effects from layering different red card stock, mirror metallic, pearlized metallic, matt, and for the center of the flower, I used dull antique gold.  The white background was die cut using the Adler Star Collage from this year's winter release, I left in some of the cut outs to add interest and foam taped over a piece of hunter's green metallic card stock to give it more dimension.

Supplies used:

Memory Box Adler Star Collage die Style 99597
Poppystamps Blooming Poinsettia die Style 861
Poppystamps Pine Twig die Style 1659
IO Stamps Joy die DIE436-D
Red mirror paper
Metallic red cardstock
Hunter green metallic card stock
Bazill Gumdrop card stock
Stampin'Up Real Red card stock
Antique gold heavy card stock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.