Tuesday, September 5, 2017

CTMH September Stamp Of The Month



This A2 size card was made for the CTMH card swap shown in a previous post.  Here are details for making this card.

While playing around with this stamp set, I had an idea of using the feather to create a frame. I  stamped it 4 times with black pigment ink on watercolor paper, and heat embossed the feather outlines with clear embossing powder.  Then watercolored the feathers with a wash of Pacifica, Lagoon and Pansy inks.  I fussy cut the feathers. Next I stamped the sentiment with black pigment ink onto Lagoon watercolor paper from the Adventure Fundamentals paper pack, and heat embossed in clear.  I colored the inside of the words with Shin Han markers.  For the back ground,  I randomly stamped the feather onto White Daisy card stock with Lagoon, Pansy and Pacifica colors.  The Pacifica is so bold, I used second generation stamping for this color to soften it. 
To put the card together, I matted the background with a piece of plain Pacifica and glued the matted piece onto A2 size White Daisy card base. I arranged the cut feathers around the sentiment and glued them in the center but used foam dots in the corners to give them more movement and dimension. Lastly I glued the framed sentiment piece onto the matted background. Voila!

Please leave your comments below, they are much appreciated!  
Happy Creating!

All supplies used from Close to My Heart:
September Stamp of the Month Feel So Blessed S1709  only $5 with $50 purchase
Adventure Fundamentals Paper Pack Z3351
White Daisy card stock 1385
Pacifica card stock X5967
Watercolor paper Z3146
SOTM September Feel So Blessed S1709
Pacifica ink pad Z2892
Pansy ink pad Z2804
Lagoon ink pad Z2895
Black Staz-On ink pad Z888  
Ranger Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder Z2088
Shin Han Peacock Green Twin Touch Marker Z2461
Shin Han Peony Purple Touch Twin marker Z2462

#CTMH SOTM September 2017 Feel So Blessed
#CTMH Feel So Blessed
#CTMH September 2017 Stamp of the Month

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.