Monday, April 16, 2018

Fun with Wasabi stamp set by Ellen Hutson





I've been having a blast stamping and coloring Asian food images.  Recently my daughter had a birthday and being a foodie, I thought she'd a appreciate some of the images on her birthday card.  I wanted to create a card that features all the images from Ellen Hutson's Wasabi stamp set.  The sentiments are so much like "dad" jokes my husband cracks.

For the card base I cut a strip of 5" by 16" heavy white card stock, scored at 4", 8", 12" and folded into 5 panels.  I wanted to keep the card simple to focus on the food images.  I just stamped each panel with a soft springy color with a watercolor background stamp. I then stamped the images with COPIC friendly inks in two steps on Neenah 110 lb Solar White cardstock.  I colored in some of the details with COPIC Sketch markers and die cut each of the images.  I used some washi tape and cherry blossom stickers I purchased while in Japan last year, and birch veneer with adhesive back to decorate the panels. For extra shine, I added glossy accents to parts of the sushi and all the wasabi.

My daughter loves the card! :-)

#ellenhutson
#ellenhutsonwasabi
#sushicards
#japanesefoodcards


Supplies used:
Essentials by Ellen Clear Stamps, Wasabi by Julie Ebersole
Essentials by Ellen Designer Dies, Wasabi by Julie Ebersole
Watercolor background inks:
Close to My Heart Bashful Exclusive Ink pad,  My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink pads : Extreme Black, Snow Cone, Peach Bellini, Limelight, Tickled Pink
Sushi & Udon: Hero Arts Soft Cantaloupe, Neon Orange, Red Royal, Purple Passion, COPIC sketch markers - R01, 00, 000, 22, 24, YG13, 25, 63, 67, BG11, 15, Y17, YR07, E33, 30 50
Arc Crafts Wood veneer sheet with adhesive back - White Birch
Wood pagoda from Kaisercraft Oriental Wooden Flourish Pack
Miscellaneous washi tape and stickers from my stash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.