Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Coloring Challenge Day 5





I've been looking forward to coloring the beautiful floral heart from Concord & 9th's You Are Here stamp set.  The Coloring Challenge from The Daily Marker blog gave me just the push to color it!

I stamped the heart image onto Neenah Solar White 110 lb paper with VersaMark and heat embossed it with WOW's Silver Pearl embossing powder.  This is a new embossing powder to me and I love the pearly sheen so much that it steered my paper choices. I choose a pearly metallic card stock I have in my stash.  I colored the image with Copic Sketch Markers.  The Concord & 9th blog gave me the inspiration for my color choices.

The silver pearl and beautiful heart said wedding to me.  I also felt it should be a feminine card.  While pondering the design for the card, I came across a piece of white lace that my daughter had in her dress up trunk ages ago.  I repurposed it and cut out a piece, wrapped it around a 4 3/8" by 6 3/8" metallic pearl card stock secured with Scor-Pal tape on the back edges.  To this I added a 5/8 strip of white satin ribbon.  Next, I edged a piece of metallic pearl card stock with silver metallic tape on the four edges to give the illusion I have silver mirror paper matting the lace background. I then popped the lace background with 2mm adhesive foam sheet onto the silver edged pearl mat.  This was adhered to a A7 Neenah 110 lb card base.  I added metallic pearl love doves double stacked die cuts onto the lace over the stain ribbon. The front sentiment is heat embossed on heavy vellum overlaid onto metallic silver card stock. I embellished the front with white pearls.  I kept the card neutral with white, silver and pearl allowing the heart to pop.

For the inside, I used the same pearl card stock. To give the sentiment more emphasis, I created a stencil with a heart die in my stash and blended Distress Oxide ink Abandoned Coral over the heart opening onto the sentiment.  Added some silver embossed hearts to two corners using part of the same floral heart stamp. Matted the pearl card stock with metallic silver card stock.

I had so much fun creating this card!  Please tell me what you think of it by leaving your comments below.

Have fun coloring and repurposing bits....

Supplies used: (Almost all are available at my favorite local store Impressive Ideas)
Concord & 9th You Are Here stamp set 10175
Impression Obsession Love Doves die DIE 265-B
My Favorite Things Together Forever Stamp set LJD-39
Metallic Pearl Card stock
Metallic Silver Card stock
Neenah 110lb Solar White Card stock
Silver Metallic Rainbow tape 1/16"
WOW Silver Pearl embossing powder
Ranger Silver embossing powder
COPIC Sketch Markers R27, 24, 22, 21, 20, 00; YG09, 06, 05, 11
Distress Oxide Abandoned Coral ink pad
Distress Glaze
DCWV Pearl Gem Stickers
Couture Creations Premium Adhesive Pearls - Cream seed pearls
Stampin Up White Satin Ribbon 5/8"
White lace fabric

#thedailymarker30day
#concord&9thyouarehere
#prettyweddingcard
#coloringchallenge

2 comments:

  1. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post!
    It is the little changes that produce the most
    important changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.