Thursday, March 1, 2018

Power Poppy Dancing with Daffodils





I made this card for a friend from the UK.  "Mothering Sunday" is coming up on March 11th.  I used alcohol markers to color Power Poppy's Dancing with Daffodils digital stamp as my friend's mother is an avid gardener.  The coloring scheme was inspired by Debbie Olson.  I used most of the colors listed on her blog, but substituted and added a few other colors. Here is the link to Debbie Olson's version http://debbiedesigns.typepad.com/muse_and_amuse/2015/03/dancing-with-daffodils-just-because.html

To assemble the card, I added a die cut background created with one of Lawn Fawn's new dies. Made an oval cut out using Tonic Studios' layering dies to show the image.  I then added an oval frame around the image using the same set of oval dies.  I saved the purple inside oval from the frame die cut to use for the sentiment inside the card.  I heat embossed the sentiment and simple leaves outline.  Happy Mother's Day was stamped on a banner die cut.

#motheringsundaycard
#powerpoppydaffodils
#ctmhloveyoumum

Supplies used:
Coloring markers are all COPIC unless otherwise stated
   Daffodils - 21, 32, 35, 38, R81, YR18, BV02
                     Spectrum Noir OR1
                     Chameleon OR4
   Daffodil Stems - YG01, G07, 21, 24, 28
   Vinca Blooms - BV000, 02, 04, 0
   Vinca Leaves - YG01, 03, 07, G07
   Snail - W1, 3, 5, E37, 41, R81, 0
   Background - B0000
Lawn Fawn Quilted Backdrop die LF1625 - available locally (Atlanta) at Impressive Ideas
Tonic Studios Mixed Scalloped and Straight Cut Oval dies 485E - also available at Impressive Ideas
Sentiment stamps -
   Close to My Heart Love You Mum A1218  
   Close to My Heart Thin Cuts Party Banner Z4152 
   Mama Elephant Bear Hugs
   My Favorite Things Mothers (retired)








Ranger White Embossing powder
VersaFine Imperial purple ink pad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.