Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Color Lifting


After not posting anything in a month, the last few days, I have had energy to craft a few cards.  Been stuck at home recuperating.  Turned to YouTube and learned this color lifting technique from Jennifer McGuire. After following her technique, I fussy cut the flower and leaves and  added sparkle to the hydrangea and leaves with Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle brush pen.  Stacked 3 layers of the "thanks" die cut for added dimension.  I love how it turned out.  I sent it to my dear friend Verna at Fuji Floral Design  in midtown Atlanta. She loves working with hydrangeas and other beautiful "not your ordinary" flowers including orchids and other tropicals to create stunning arrangements. She has been sending me food and flowers during my recovery.


For how to do this technique, please go to Jennifer McGuire's blog.

Supplies used:

Ellen Hutson Mondo Hydrangea stamp
Distress Inks - Blueprint Sketch, Ripe Raspberry, Mowed Lawn
Ranger White heat embossing power
Hero Arts Thanks stamp and cut set
Lawn Fawn Square Stitched Frames die set

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment.