Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Rainbow Watercolor Background



I created the background for this card with Close To My Heart (CTMH) inks and watercolor paper.  For the colors that I have reinkers, I used them.  For others, I stamped the ink pad onto my craft mat and added a spritz of water.  I did blend reinkers to create "custom" colors because it is FUN!  I list the proportions and colors below. After I applied the first layer of rainbow colors with a large watercolor brush, overlapping them some. I heat dried the piece and filled in with more color where I felt it was needed, and heat dried again. I repeated the process another time.  When I was happy with the colors, I put the dried water color background sandwiched between 2 copy papers and ran it through the die cutting machine several times to smooth it out.  That worked pretty well.  I stamped the Makers sentiment (new in CTMH 2017-2018 Annual Inspirations catalogue) with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it in white.  I felt it needed a shiny black border/mat.  I created the mat by inking the edges of a piece of black card stock with black archival ink, and applied clear embossing powder over the edges and heat set. The rainbow piece was adhered flat onto the shiny black border mat; and the whole piece was popped with foam tape onto white card base.

Supplies used:
For the red I used CTMH reinkers 2 drops of Pixie, 1 drop of Pomegranate, 1 drop of Cranberry 
Orange came from Tangerine reinker 
Yellow, was made with 2 drops of Canary to 1 tiny drop of Goldrush
Green was straight from the Willow ink pad because I don't have the reinker
Blue was blended by applying Pacifica ink pad onto craft mat with a drop of Lagoon reinker
Purple came from Pansy reinker 
Sentiment from CTMH We are Makers stamp set 
Archival Black ink pad 
VersaMark ink pad
Rangers White Super Fine Embossing Powder
Rangers Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder

#Watercolor background CTMH colors
#CTMH We are Makers stamp set
#OCCRainbowMaker

Love to hear your comments! And thank you for visiting.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment.