Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Rainbow Colors - Valentine Card




For this card, I took ideas from several of Jennifer McGuire's Rainbow videos from her blog.  I created the background by heat embossing scattered hearts border (Close to My Heart, retired) stamped multiple times with sparkly white embossing powder (doesn't show up here) then applied Oxide inks, spritzed with water and heat dried, alternating several times. For the sentiment, I wanted to use stamps that had a solid background.  The CTMH stamps from the Artistry Cricut collection fit the bill. "You & Me" was stamped with Color Box Chalk ink Lime Pastel and French Blue.  "So many reasons to be Happy" was stamped with CTMH Blossom and Tangerine inks. To finish the card, I added sparkle to the sentiments with Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle brush pen followed with Clear Glazing pen to give it extra shine.  Made my own iridescent heart sequins by die cutting some large sequins with MFT's heart dies from BluePrint Tag Builder 5.  This card definitely took the most time.  Somewhere on this card are all the colors of the rainbow!

Happy creating your version of rainbows!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.